Middlesex NJ, Thoracic Surgeon
Located near Middlesex New Jersey, Thoracic Group is a leading practice that has been caring for thoracic patients throughout Middlesex and Somerset counties for over 40 years. Our surgeons were pioneers in the field of minimally invasive thoracic surgery through the development of video assisted thoracic surgery (VATS).
Over the past 15 years, our surgeons Dr. Robert J. Caccavale and Dr. Jean-Philippe Bocage have completed over 7,000 successful VATS procedures. In addition, our practice helps over 500 patients per year overcome a variety of chest-related disorders.
Conditions We Treat
At Thoracic Group, our experienced surgeons provide consultation and surgical management of a number of conditions and diseases, including:
- Hyperhidrosis: This condition is characterized by abnormal amounts of perspiration that does not correlate with regulation of body temperature
- Lung cancer: More common in former or current smokers, lung disease has various subtypes that impact subsequent treatment and prognosis
- Lung nodules: A lung nodule, also known as a pulmonary nodule, is a small growth in the lung that can be oval or round in shape. When it grows larger than this size, it is considered a pulmonary mass
- Myasthenia gravis: Myasthenia gravis is a chronic autoimmune neuromuscular disease characterized by fluctuating muscle weakness and fatigability
Services We Provide
Our surgeons and professional staff offer the highest quality of care and services for a variety of thoracic conditions. Services include:
- Lung cancer screening: Lung cancer screening is performed using a low-dose computed tomography scan. When lung cancer is caught early enough, patients are able to receive treatment earlier. Therefore, they have higher success rates and better prognoses
- Second opinion: Patients who are making decisions about their health should consult with more than one physician to ensure that the treatment prescribed by the first doctor matches what the second has to say
- VATS Also known as endoscopic transthoracic sympathectomy (ETS): this procedure is primarily performed to treat conditions, including cancer and other thoracic disorders. It provides patients with significant benefits and life changing results
Meet Our Specialists
- Robert J. Caccavale, MD is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is Chief of Thoracic Surgery at Robert Wood Johnson Medical Center Somerset and is board certified by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery. Since obtaining his medical degree, Dr. Caccavale has devoted himself to the practice of thoracic surgery with a special interest in thoracic oncology.
- Jean-Philippe Bocage, MD In addition to his position at Thoracic Group, Dr. Bocage is Chief of the Thoracic Surgery Division at St. Peter’s University Hospital. He completed his medical degree at UMDNJ-Rutgers Medical School. His general surgery residency and his cardiothoracic residency were both completed at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.
For Middlesex Thoracic needs, help can be found just minutes away at our Somerset office.
Directions to Our Somerset, NJ Office From Middlesex
1. Head northwest on Mountain Ave toward Lincoln Blvd
2. Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Lincoln Blvd
3. Turn left onto Cedar Ave
4. Continue onto Possumtown Rd
5. Turn right onto the I-287 N ramp
6. Merge onto I-287 N
7. Take exit 10 to merge onto Easton Ave toward New Brunswick/NJ-527
8. Keep right to stay on Easton Ave
9. Slight right toward John F Kennedy Blvd
10. Turn right at the 1st cross street onto John F Kennedy Blvd
11. Continue straight onto Clyde Rd, destination will be on the left
If you have trouble finding us, please call 732.798.7828